Waterview Precinct Plan
Te Mahere mō te Takiwā o Ngā Puna o Waiōrea
The Waterview Precinct Plan provides local area residents, Auckland Council, and relevant central government agencies with a vision for the area.
Progress update for the Waterview Precinct Plan
Since the Waterview Precinct Plan was adopted in April 2013 the following projects have been completed:
- the installation of wayfinder signage
- enhancement of the environment and improvement of water quality to Te Auaunga Awa/Oakley Creek
- the heritage trail through Waterview
- the upgrade of the entrance into Howlett Reserve
- upgrades to Fairlands Reserve
- a water-play feature has been installed in Waterview Reserve
- improvement of connectivity between Heron Park and Holly Street.
Housing New Zealand have altered the surrounding street layout, so enhancements and upgrades to existing internal walkway connections will be not be completed.
Progress has also been made, and is continuing, on the following projects:
- development of a neighbourhood centre plan
- enhancement and safety improvements for Great North Road and into the adjoining area
- enhancing signage along Te Auaunga Awa/Oakley Creek and in the greater Waterview area
- further improvements for footpaths and pedestrian safety.
We are advocating for funding to improve the coastal public viewing platforms looking over Motu Manawa Pollen Island Marine Reserve.
Get a copy of the Waterview Precinct Plan