Devonport-Takapuna Local Board's vision
The local board's vision is to create the world's most liveable city at a local level.
The area plan sets out key moves to achieve this.
Local community's contribution to the plan
The community, mana whenua representatives and key stakeholders have helped shape and prioritise the area plan.
Considerations of the Devonport-Takapuna Area Plan
The area plan considers:
- opportunities for social and economic growth
- infrastructure requirements
- how to align with the overarching Auckland Plan
- funding requirements.
The area plan:
- supports the development of a 'greater Takapuna'
- addresses transport needs, providing better public transport services
- protects natural environment and heritage features
- revitalises town centres and local centres
- promotes Devonport-Takapuna as a lifestyle and visitor destination
- recognises mana whenua and celebrates local Māori identity.
Devonport-Takapuna Area Plan maps
Maps are provided in the area plan to show how Devonport-Takapuna might look and function in the next 30 years.
Get a copy of the Devonport-Takapuna Area Plan