Mahere Huanui 2014–2044 o Karangahape
The Karangahape Road Plan 2014-2044
The Karangahape Road Plan 2014-2044 guides how the Karangahape Road area could grow and change over the next 30 years.
Consultation on the Karangahape Road Plan
Waitematā Local Board developed the Karangahape Road Plan after receiving feedback from iwi, business associations, community groups, residents and other key stakeholders.
The plans set out the desired outcomes for investment and growth in these areas.
Get a copy of the Karangahape Road plan
Progress on delivering the Karangahape Road Plan
Since the Karangahape Road was adopted in 2014:
- funding has been committed to upgrade and maintain the Symonds St Cemetery while work on the Symonds Street Cemetery Development Plan continues.
- Myers Park playground was developed and connections to the park continue to be improved.
- The stairs to Queen Street and Mayoral Drive are now in the renewals budget for 2019-2020.
- Renovation of the caretakers cottage is planned and partly funded.
- Te Ara i Whiti/the Lightpath opened in December 2015. It is a shared path operating along the disused Nelson Street motorway offramp.
Work has started on the Karangahape Road enhancements project, which aims to preserve the road's unique character while creating a street environment that supports the local community and meets the needs of a growing population.
With the imminent construction of the City Rail Link Project many of the actions of the Karangahape Road Plan will be started.
email@example.com, or call us for more information.