About the Harbourview-Orangihina Park Masterplan
The Harbourview-Orangihina Park Masterplan sets out:
- the historical, cultural, environmental and recreational values of the park
- the consultation process to create the masterplan
- key design principles to guide development of the park
- a spatial plan showing how the park can be improved over time.
What the Harbourview-Orangihina Park Masterplan will do
The Harbourview-Orangihina Park Masterplan will guide long-term improvements to the park including:
- protecting and enhancing its significant values
- improvements to support recreational use
- acknowledgement of the park’s cultural heritage and past.
Planned improvements include:
- enhancing the ecological values of the park (including significant bird habitat); including planting and pest management
- providing additional walking and cycling tracks including access to the wetland
- providing opportunities for mana whenua to express whakapapa such as the story of Rangihina
- providing for nature-themed play incorporating artistic, sculptural or symbolic elements
- improving the park as a recreation and event destination
- providing park furniture made of natural and local materials
- developing hides for bird watching.
Get a copy of the Harbourview-Orangihina Park Masterplan