Albany Ward projects
Ngā kaupapa whakahaere mō te Rohe o Albany
The following projects will be carried out in the Albany Ward area as part of the 10-year Budget 2018-2028:
- The establishment of a $100,000 Sport and Recreation Facilities Investment Fund.
- $90 million of regional funding to address issues with the impact of climate change on coastal areas, the creation of a $20 million regional response fund for reactive storm damage.
- $134 million funding for local priorities (Hibiscus and Bays, and Upper Harbour).
- $552 million to restore existing assets.
- $27 million for sports fields at Metro Park, Red Beach Park, Freyberg Park and Gulf Harbour Reserve.
- $18 million for Long Bay Park development.
- $25 million for Metro Park West development.
- $105 million for open space acquisition.