Heritage Advisory Panel
The Heritage Advisory Panel advises the council on built and archaeological heritage issues, including historic sites, structures and places.
The panel helps the council to strengthen our approach to heritage management. They promote a shared understanding of how our historic heritage should be identified, managed, protected, conserved, appreciated and celebrated.
The panel is particularly focused on how historic heritage is recognised and valued in the Auckland Plan, and how it is to be managed in the Unitary Plan.
You can find out more information in the panel’s Terms of Reference (468KB).
Members include heritage experts and representatives of the heritage community in Auckland.
- Mike Lee - Councillor, Auckland Council (Chair)
- Sherry Reynolds - Heritage NZ (Deputy Chair)
- John Burns - Heritage NZ
- Allan Matson - Civic Trust Auckland, NZ Historic Places Trust
- Helen Geary - Civic Trust Auckland
- David Veart - NZ Archaeological Association, IPENZ Heritage Committee
- Lorraine Wilson - Portage Trust, NZ Maritime Museum Board
- Leyton Chan - MOTAT Society
- Bill Rayner - MOTAT Society, Devonport Heritage
- Claudia Page - Character Coalition, Devonport Heritage
- Sally Hughes - Character Coalition
- Dr Ann McEwan - University of Auckland School of Architecture and Planning
- Elizabeth Aitken-Rose - University of Auckland School of Architecture and Planning
- Graeme Burgess - Burgess Treep + Knight Ltd heritage architect
- Jane Matthews - Matthews & Matthews Architects Ltd
- Rau Hoskins - Design TRIBE architects, Te Matapihi National Māori Housing Network
The Heritage Advisory Panel holds scheduled meetings every two months.
Scheduled meetings are open to the public.
For dates, agendas and minutes, see agendas and minutes.
Get in touch
To attend or present at a meeting of the Heritage Advisory Panel, or find more information, contact us.