Rural Advisory Panel
The Rural Advisory Panel advises the council on policies and plans specific to the rural sector.
They also communicate shared interests of the rural sector to the council, and contribute to the rural outcomes of the Auckland Plan, and how rural areas are to be managed in the Unitary Plan.
You can find more information in the panel's Terms of Reference (476KB).
Members include representatives of the rural industries of Auckland alongside two councillors and three local board members from Franklin, Rodney and Waitākere Ranges local board areas.
- Bill Cashmore - Deputy Mayor, Franklin Ward Councillor (Chair)
- Greg Sayers - Rodney Ward Councillor (Deputy Chair)
- Alan Cole - Franklin Local Board
- Andy Baker - Franklin Local Board alternate
- Brenda Steele - Rodney Local Board
- Colin Smith - Rodney Local Board alternate
- Neil Henderson - Waitākere Ranges Local Board
- Glenn Wilcox - Independent Māori Statutory Board
- Andrew Maclean - Federated Farmers
- Leeann Morgan - Young Farmers
- Greg McCracken - Fonterra
- Andrew McKenzie - Beef and Lamb NZ
- Helen Moodie - Dairy NZ
- Roger Parton - Rural Contractors NZ
- Steve Levet - Rural Contractors NZ
- Peter Spencer - NZ Forest Owners Association
- Trish Fordyce - NZ Forest Owners Association
- Marie Appleton - Rural Women NZ
- Bronwen Turner - Western Rural Property Owners
- Keith Vallabh - Pukekohe Vegetable Growers Association
- Geoff Smith - Equine Industry
The Rural Advisory Panel holds scheduled meetings every two months.
Scheduled meetings are open to the public.
For dates, agendas and minutes, see agendas and minutes.
Get in touch
To attend or present at a meeting of the Rural Advisory Panel, or find more information, contact us.