Panuku Development Auckland
Panuku Development Auckland is a council-controlled organisation. It is the outcome of a merge between Auckland Council Property Limited and Waterfront Auckland.
Panuku Development Auckland will contribute to the implementation of the Auckland Plan and encourage economic development. It will do this by facilitating urban redevelopment that optimises and integrates:
- good public transport outcomes
- efficient and sustainable infrastructure
- quality public services and amenities.
Panuku Development Auckland will manage the council’s non-service property portfolio and provide strategic advice on council’s other property portfolios.
It will recycle or redevelop sub-optimal or underutilised council assets and aim to achieve an overall balance of commercial and strategic outcomes.
For past meetings and agendas see Auckland Council Property and Waterfront Auckland.
Panuku Development Auckland has several main responsibilities.
- Facilitation and masterplan redevelopment of urban locations.
- Accommodation of residential and commercial growth through facilitating the quality development of urban locations with excellent infrastructure and services.
- Facilitation of the creation of adaptable and resilient places that inspire wellbeing, promote health and safety and are fully accessible.
- Harnessing and incorporating local community’s unique identity, attributes and potential to create vibrant communities.
- Continuing to lead the development of the Auckland waterfront in a way that balances commercial and public good objectives, including high quality urban design.
Panuku Development Auckland will develop and look after the land of Auckland.
These Maori concepts match well with what we are required to do:
- Kaitiakitanga – stewardship
- Whanaungatanga – relationships
- Manaakitanga – holistic care for wellbeing.
‘Panuku’ conveys the concept of dynamism, of building towards success and excellence.
Board of directors
Chairperson: Sir John Wells
Deputy Chairperson: Richard Aitken
Directors: Anne Blackburn, Evan Davies, Richard Leggat, Susan Macken, Paul Majurey, Mike Pohio, Martin Udale.
Executive: John Dalzell (transition lead)
Address: Pier 21, 11 Westhaven Drive, Auckland
Post: Private Bag 92320, Auckland 1142
Phone: 09 301 0101
Website: Development Auckland