Auckland Council currently has three types of advisory panels. These include:
We are currently recruiting for members of demographic advisory panels.
Applications now open. Click here to apply.
We have the following six demographic advisory panels:
We are currently recruiting members for the following demographic advisory panels.
- Disability Advisory Panel
- Ethnic Peoples Advisory Panel
- Pacific Peoples Advisory Panel
- Seniors Advisory Panel
- Two Māori members of Rainbow Communities Advisory Panel.
Successful applicants will have:
- lived experience and understanding of a diverse Auckland community or communities relevant to the Advisory Panel being applied for
- a good understanding of Te Tiriti O Waitangi / the Treaty of Waitangi
- the ability to think strategically and critically
- the ability to understand and interpret policy, project plans and strategy plans
- the ability and confidence to offer high-level policy and strategic advice
- an excellent command of written and verbal English or New Zealand sign language
- the capacity to commit to scheduled panel meetings and workshops (weekday day and/or evenings)
- the capacity to commit to a three-year term, being April 2017 to September 2019.
Please check the selection criteria and FAQ for more information.
The closing date for applications is Thursday 9 February 2017.
Applications are now open. Click here to apply.
If you need assistance with the application or would like to apply using a manual form, please contact Alicia Simpson on 021 534 344 or email email@example.com
Please note: this is a thorough and lengthy recruitment process so applicants may not be contacted until mid-March regarding application outcomes.
Meetings and agendas
Each panel will have scheduled meetings and workshops. Scheduled meetings are open to the public and any elected members of Auckland Council. Workshops are used to brainstorm ideas between panel members, governing body members and relevant council staff.
See the individual sector panel pages below for more information: