Your use of this website and subsidiary websites is subject to the following terms and all applicable laws. By accessing and browsing this website and subsidiary websites, you accept, without limitation or qualification, these terms.
Auckland Council may modify, alter or otherwise update the terms applicable to this website and subsidiary websites from time to time, with or without notice, and you agree to check these terms and conditions and to be bound by such terms as are in effect at the time at which you access this website and subsidiary websites.
In these terms:
- references to this website and subsidiary websites includes all pages of, and all information and material on, this website and subsidiary websites, including, without limitation, text, images, graphics, layout, look-and-feel and any other information contained on or in this website and subsidiary websites (collectively, ‘content’) and all transaction processing services available on or via this website and subsidiary websites ('transaction processing services’)
- references to use of this website and subsidiary websites include access to this website and subsidiary websites.
You may not attempt to gain unauthorised access to any portion or feature of this website and subsidiary websites, or attempt to obtain any materials, information or documents through any means not purposely made available by Auckland Council, including, without limitation, hacking, password mining or otherwise accessing data without prior express authorisation. You may not test the vulnerability of this website and subsidiary websites, or seek to trace any information on any other user of this website and subsidiary websites. You agree to comply with all applicable laws and with these terms and conditions at all times when using this website and subsidiary websites.
Terms and Conditions for Online Services
2. Use of Online Services. Auckland Council makes Online Services available for your personal and/or internal business purposes. You may use information provided to you through your use of Online Services solely for your personal and/or internal business purposes, provided that you do not remove any proprietary rights notices, do not modify the information or make it available to third parties through a networked computer environment and do not make any additional representations or warranties regarding the information.
4. Confidentiality. Certain documents can be made confidential and a request can be made for the same. The final discretion for making the document confidential lies with Auckland Council. Further details can be obtained by contacting Auckland Council.
5. Consent for us to receive and store information in electronic form. Use of these services means that you agree to provide information through electronic means. This means you agree to provide any relevant information, documents and attachments in the format and to the standards described for each transaction. It also means you agree and understand that the information will be retained in electronic form.
6. Consent for us to provide you with information in electronic form. Use of these services means that you agree to receive information through electronic means. Where information is requested by another person, the requesting party is deemed to be the recipient's agent and is presumed to have obtained the consent of the recipient to receive the information in electronic format.
7. Registered users. Certain Online Services offered by Auckland Council require verified access - eg a login ID and password - for verification of your identity and authorisation for access to information and services. You agree that all information provided to Auckland Council by you in relation to your registration shall be current, complete and accurate. You agree to comply with all such terms and conditions in respect of your use of Online Services.
8. Password Security. We recommend the password you select should not relate to any readily accessible data such as your name, birth date, address, telephone number, driver's licence, licence plate or passport. Nor may it be an obvious combination of letters and numbers, including sequential or same numbers or letters. You are entirely responsible for maintaining the security of your login ID and password, and for all activity which occurs on or through your account, whether authorised or unauthorised, including use by current and former employees if you are a corporate entity. You should change your password immediately if you believe that your login ID and password have been used without authorisation. Auckland Council shall not have any liability for your failure to comply with these obligations.
9. Security. Online Services are provided through a secure website [using SSL (secure socket layer) encryption]. However, you acknowledge and agree that Internet transmissions are never entirely secure or private, and that any message or information you send to or through the website (including credit card information) may be read or intercepted by others, even where a website is stated as being secure. Auckland Council shall have no liability for the interception or 'hacking' of data through the website by unauthorised third parties.
10. Accuracy and binding nature of the Transaction Information. Upon completing an Online Service, you will be presented with a confirmation screen verifying the transaction details you wish to process. It is your responsibility to verify that all transaction information and other details are correct. The transaction shall be deemed binding at the time the confirmation screen is displayed. You should print the transaction confirmation for future reference and your files. Auckland Council shall have no liability for transactions which are incorrect as a result of inaccurate data entry in the course of providing Online Services or for loss of data or information caused by factors outside of Auckland Council's control.
11. Limitation of Liability. Except as expressly prohibited by law, in no event will Auckland Council be liable to you for any indirect, consequential, exemplary, incidental or punitive damages, including lost profits, even where Auckland Council has been advised of the possibility of such damages occurring. If, notwithstanding the foregoing, Auckland Council is found to be liable to you for any damage or loss which arises as a result of your use of the website, Auckland Council's liability shall not exceed the dollar amount of the transaction which formed the basis of the damage or $100.00, whichever is the lesser. Some jurisdictions do not permit the exclusion of implied warranties, and if you are in one of those jurisdictions these exclusions may not apply to you.
12. Right to suspend, alter or cancel service. Auckland Council shall be entitled at any time without prior notice or any liability to you, to cancel or suspend any or all of Online Services and/or to substitute alternative services, which may or may not be interactive or transactional in nature.
Use of this website and subsidiary websites and these terms shall be governed by the laws of New Zealand without reference to principles of conflict of laws. You agree to be bound by such laws and irrevocably agree to submit to the jurisdiction of the courts of New Zealand in connection with the interpretation or application of these terms. Those who choose to access this website and subsidiary websites from other locations do so on their own initiative and are responsible for compliance with local laws, if and to the extent local laws are applicable.
If you have any issues or complaints about any of our services, please contact us.
back to top