We offer a residential service for collecting inorganic, approved materials. Collections are done by our contractors.
Inorganic material you put out for collection is taken straight to landfill. If your items can be recycled or re-used, please do not put them out with your inorganic collection.
Find out how you can reduce your waste by recycling and re-using items.
During your collection period, you can check the specific collection days for your street using our inorganic collection search.
We'll also remind you about the collection with a leaflet in your letterbox a few days before it starts. You should not put anything out until the date and time specified on the leaflet.
Collection happening now - check inorganic collection search for your street's collection date:
Collection happening later - check back during the collection period for your street's collection date:
- Waiheke Island - from 17 November to 5 December 2014
- Great Barrier - from 28-31 October
- Papakura - November 2014
- Central - January to July 2015
- Waitakere - March 2015 (bookings required - see Waitakere inorganic rubbish collection)
What you can put out
You can put out old furniture, appliances, carpet and bikes if they can be lifted by two people.
Inorganic rubbish should be placed neatly on the kerb, keeping piles clear of footpaths, driveways, fire hydrants, trees, and power and telephone poles.
Each household can place out the equivalent of one small trailer load of rubbish for collection.
Remember, all items collected, apart from steel, are sent to landfill, so please try to recycle or re-use items.
What you can't put out
We will not collect:
- household rubbish - this should be put out in your regular collection
- recyclables - these should be put out in your regular collection
- building, trade or demolition waste (rubble, concrete, bricks, wood and glass)
- green waste (grass clippings, and tree and hedge trimmings)
- car parts
- plaster board
- liquids - especially paint
- CNG or LPG containers
- oil or petrol containers
- any items containing asbestos
- non-complying and hazardous waste - take your hazardous waste to a waste transfer station.