Noise control


Noise complaints against you

What to do if someone complains against you

If a complaint is made against you and you feel it's unjustified, you can contact us to discuss your concerns.

Getting seized equipment back

We only return equipment if we are satisfied it will not be used to create further noise problems.  

If we refuse to return your property, you can appeal to the Environment Court.

To request your property back, you need to:

Bring to your interview:

  • your completed form
  • proof of identity, such as a driver’s licence or passport
  • the original copy of the seizure notice (so we return the property to the rightful owner)
  • receipt for payment for all costs.

To find out where to collect your goods, contact us.

Look for the current noise equipment seizure fee under environmental health and licensing service fees

You can pay by cash, eftpos or credit card (MasterCard or Visa).

Paying your fine

If you get an infringement notice, you need to pay the fine within 28 days or write to us explaining why you haven't paid.  

To pay your fine, see Noise fines.

Your feedback helps us to improve our website. If you have feedback about our services (not the website), please contact us.