Noise control


Ongoing problems with noise

For reoccurring noise problems, call 09 301 0101 during working hours and ask to speak to an environmental health officer or noise specialist.

We can issue infringement notices for repeat offenders. These notices require the offenders to pay a fine for:

  • Not complying with an excessive noise direction notice.
  • Not complying with an abatement notice for noise.

We can issue an abatement notice where there are ongoing issues with noise. This is an official letter requiring the offender to reduce noise to a reasonable level.

We use a sound level meter to take noise readings that can be measured against the permitted levels in the Auckland Council District Plan, before issuing an abatement notice.

The notice sets out timeframes for specific works required to achieve compliance.

Your feedback helps us to improve our website. If you have feedback about our services (not the website), please contact us.