Arts Alive Funding
Arts Alive will distribute $450,000 this year to Auckland's professional performing artists and organizations. The two primary objectives of the fund are to support and develop the professional performing arts in Auckland, and to develop and build audiences.
Who can apply
Arts Alive is a legacy Auckland City Council performing arts funding scheme that operates in partnership with performing arts professionals.
It is open for professional arts projects taking place in professional performance venues in the Auckland Central Business District.
Objectives of Arts Alive funding
Arts Alive aims to develop and maintain Auckland’s performing arts infrastructure including resources, skills, information, professional support and networks through the presentation of high quality professional performances.
The objectives of the fund are:
- To support and develop the professional performing arts in Auckland Central.
- To build audiences for the performing arts
When is funding available?
There are two funding rounds per year.
- March round - closing on Friday 15 March 2013 at 4.30pm
- September round - closing on Friday 20 September 2013 at 4.30pm
- You will receive a letter about the outcome of your proposal by the end of May for the March round, and by the end of November for the September round.
- For the March round you will receive notification by the end of May 2013.
- Occasionally grants are tagged to conditions that need to be satisfied prior to the release of your grant. We will explain this in your letter.
- After confirmation that the project details or conditions are met, a funding agreement must be signed before payments are released.
- This process can take up to four weeks.
Find out more
Arts Alive information session
Location: The Basement Theatre
Date: Wednesday 6 March 2013
Time: From 3pm to 5pm
All welcome, no booking required.
Further information can be found in the attached Arts Alive application form and guidelines.
If you need assistance or advice email: Barbara Procter (Arts Funding Advisor) directly.