Creative Communities Scheme
The Creative Communities Scheme (CCS) supports arts-focused projects.
What can be funded
To get funding through CCS your project must do at least one of the following:
- Participation: Create opportunities for local communities to engage with, and participate in local arts activities.
- Diversity: Support the diverse artistic cultural traditions of local communities.
- Young people: Enable young people (under 18 years) to engage with and participate in the arts.
Read the Guide for applicants (PDF 65KB). It gives:
- examples of projects that can get CCS funding
- types of projects that cannot get CCS funding
- costs that are supported
- costs that cannot be supported.
When funding is available
Auckland Council runs two funding rounds a year. Details of the current funding round are below.
27 February 2015
Late April 2015 for projects commencing after 1 May 2015.
How to apply
Apply online for Creative Communities funding. Applications close 5pm, 27 February 2015.
Read the CCS Application Guide (PDF 65KB). This opens with a sample application form and information on how to answer the questions.
Individual grants will usually be between $250 and $2000. Larger grants may be awarded, based on the creative engagement, community benefit and the budget information provided in the application.
See the list of funded projects (in the right-hand column of this page) to get an idea of what sort of projects have been funded in Auckland.
Information for successful applicants
We will contact you by email to let you know the result of your application.
Successful applicants must use the Auckland Council Creative Communities logo on promotional material and submit a project report form online following the completion of the project.
Visit the Creative New Zealand website to download the black and white Auckland Council Creative Communities logo.
Find out more
- Email Creative Communities.
- Contact us and ask to speak to the Arts and culture funding coordinator.
- Attend an information session. Contact us to organise your own information session (for a group of 10 or more) anytime during the year. We will come to you with an information workshop for your community of interest.