Experience the world in a day, with Auckland Council's International Cultural Festival. Enjoy delicious food, live performances and one-off experiences.
Come join us and dance, eat and experience your way around the globe.
Tastes of the world - Spoil your taste buds with greek souvlaki, Hungarian flatbread or delicious spanish paella. Wash it all down with some Ethiopian sweet-brewed black coffee.
The sounds of Indonesia - Back by popular demand - enjoy the soft sounds of the Auckland Gamelan Orchestra playing traditional Indonesian instruments and the amazing Wayang Shadow Puppets who will come to life through the telling of age-old Indonesian stories.
Dance to the beat of the drums - Get your hips moving and your feet jumping to the rhythm of the drums from around the world. Our stages will feature the steel drums of Trinidad and Tobago, and Japanese culture will come alive with the distinctive beat of the taiko drums.
Get active at the sports arena - Our sports arena is back and it’s better than ever! Check out the Annual Cultural Football Tournament or have a go at the world’s most popular martial art - Taekwon-Do. Take part in a 4 vs 4 game of tag rugby or bring the kids for a fun game of SNAG Golf - an awesome free family activity not to be missed.
- Hungarian flatbread
- Belgian waffles
- French crepes
- traditional Ethiopian coffee and dipping bread
- Greek souvlaki
- Oriental dumplings, dim sim, phad Thai, chicken satay, fried rice
- pineapple and watermelon ice cream
- Spanish paella
- Turkish baklava (dessert) and sarma (stuffed vine leaves)
- Indian cuisine
- German schnitzels
- Italian woodfired pizzas
- African hair-braiding and craft
- Burmese handicrafts
- Thai silk, cushions, and handicrafts
- Indian designed and made clothing.
Cultural zones include:
- Indonesian shadow puppetry and gamelan orchestra
- Loy Krathong wishing stream
- French music, food and dance
- Latin American music and dances, including salsa, meringue and cumbia.
- Three Houses Down
- Hungarian dancers
- Tamashii Taiko Drummers
- Serbian belly dancers
- Ethiopian cultural dancers
- Rwandan cultural dancers
- Pacific dancers
- Carribeanz Southern Stars Steel Band.
Sports zone includes:
- Annual Cultural Football Tournament - the semis and finals will be battled out on the day
- Eden-Roskill Softball Club - step up to the backstop net or tee for some pitching and batting practice
- International Taekwon-Do - a mix of demonstrations, and beginners or 'have a go' classes (taekwon-do is the Korean art of self-defence and the world’s most popular martial art)
- New Zealand Rugby League - have a go at 4v4 Kiwi League Tag or practise your accuracy on the passing targets
- SNAG Golf is a fun activity for all ages – try your hand at a five-hole course or test your aim on the target wall.
Sunday 7 April 2013, 10am-5pm
Please note: daylight saving finishes this weekend
War Memorial Park, May Road, Mt Roskill