Annual Plan 2013/2014
Auckland Council’s Annual Plan 2013/2014 is now adopted, which continues the organisation’s momentum to create the world’s most liveable city.
The plan sets out key projects, service levels, financial policies and priorities for the next year.
- A $1.6 billion programme of capital works, focussing on investment in infrastructure to manage the region’s growth and arts, culture and leisure facilities, asset development and maintenance.
- An average rates increase of 2.9 per cent - the third consecutive year of lower-than-projected increases. Find out more about rates for 2013/2014 including our rates guide.
- Minor service reductions, such as stopping berm mowing in the former Auckland City area, in line with the rest of Auckland.
- Standardising some fees and increasing the proportion of costs recovered from users for some services. See Changes to council fees and charges.
- A targeted rate for residential ratepayers in the Ōtara-Papatoetoe and Māngere-Ōtāhuhu local board areas to maintain free entry to local council swimming pools for adults.
The plan also includes amendments made to the Long-term Plan (2012-2022).
As part of the plan, each local board has adopted a local board agreement, which outlines service levels that have been agreed with the council’s governing body, as well as their prioritised advocacy and capital projects. Please see the local board section to read your local board’s agreement.