Book a building inspection
Tonohia he wā hei aromātai hanganga ā-whare
What inspections are needed
Your building consent will list all the inspections required, but additional inspections are often needed, due to:
- the nature of the project (every building consent application is different so the type and number of inspections will vary)
- change of products or design after the consent is issued
- failing an inspection and needing to re-book at additional cost
- the inspection exceeding the allocated time of 45 minutes.
If your inspection takes longer than the allocated time, you may have to pay additional charges.
Learn more about the types of inspection available from our online inspection glossary.
Inspection limits per customer
From October 2019 inspection bookings will be limited to two bookings per inspection type
for residential consents and four bookings per inspection type for commercial consents.
For more information contact (09) 301 0101 and ask to speak to the Inspection Team Leader for your area.
How to book an inspection
You can now book:
- a simple, one-off inspection
- a repeat series of site meeting inspections
- a group of different inspections types for a single property.
If you want to book more than six inspections on the same day, we cannot guarantee your first choice of inspection time and may not be able to complete them on the same day.
We will confirm a time for you within 24 hours.
You can book online or over the phone.
Have the following information ready:
Book a building inspection online
- address for inspection
- building consent number (this is a unique number given to each building consent)
- name and contact number of person who will be on site.
Phone us on 09 301 0101 and have the following information ready:
Check a building inspection's status
If you booked online, you can check to see if a building inspection passed, failed or is waiting on a decision.
Check inspection status
Check a building consent status
If you applied for a building consent using our website, or have been invited to view the details of a consent, you can do this online.
Check a building consent
You should know
LBPs must have their licence on site at the time of the inspection.