What inspections are needed
Your building consent will list all the inspections required, but additional inspections are often needed, due to:
- the nature of the project (every building consent application is different so the type and number of inspections will vary)
- change of products or design after the consent is issued
- failing an inspection and needing to re-book at additional cost
- the inspection exceeding the allocated time of 45 minutes.
If your inspection takes longer than the allocated time, you may have to pay additional charges.
Learn more about the types of inspection available from our online inspection glossary.
Inspection limits per customer
Inspection bookings are limited to two bookings per inspection type for residential consents and four bookings per inspection type for commercial consents.
For more information contact 09 301 0101 and ask to speak to the Inspection Team Leader for your area.
How to book an inspection
You can now book:
- a simple, one-off inspection
- a repeat series of site meeting inspections
- a group of different inspections types for a single property.
If you want to book more than six inspections on the same day, we cannot guarantee your first choice of inspection time and may not be able to complete them on the same day.
We will confirm a time for you within 24 hours.
You can book online or over the phone.