Programmes promoting water quality
Ngā hōtaka e tiaki ana i te kounga o te wai
Promoting water quality
Two water quality programmes are currently active:
- Wai Care
- Project Twin Streams.
Wai Care programme
Wai Care is a water quality monitoring, education and action programme for Auckland community groups, individuals, businesses and schools.
The Wai Care programme looks after our waterways and catchments.
- litter clean-ups
- water quality monitoring and macroinvertebrate sampling
- planting, weeding and pest control
- school projects, workshops and fieldtrips
- connecting communities to our waterways.
Wai Care website to find out how you can get involved.
Project Twin Streams programme
Project Twin Streams is an environmental and community restoration project.
The programme engages local residents by partnering with local community organisations to deliver the planting program.
It aims to enhance streams in the Waitākere Ranges and stabilise their banks by:
- connecting locals with their local waterway and parks
- providing an open classroom for local schools
- continuing the planting of native trees and shrubs
- having an established Māori medicinal garden for locals to use
- having an existing community orchard for locals to use.
Project Twin Streams website to find out how you can get involved.