We are beginning a new pilot project to enhance road safety for many Glen Innes residents.
These projects will trial some possible solutions and test new ideas, which if successful may become more permanent.
The Eastview Low Traffic area will:
- reduce traffic speeds and volumes on certain residential streets
- improve walking and cycling connections in the neighbourhood.
High traffic speed are common on several streets in the concerned area, increasing the risks to many of our most vulnerable residents.
This area includes:
- two primary schools
- several churches
- early childcare centres.
Who is behind the project
The project is funded through the Waka Kotahi NZ Transport Agency's Innovating Streets Programme.
It will be delivered by the Maungakiekie Tāmaki Local Board and supported by Auckland Transport.
What we want feedback on
We want to hear:
- what it's like living on the streets within the proposed Low Traffic Area
- how residents feel about road safety, traffic speeds/volumes and sense of community.
We will work with residents throughout the project to come up with possible improvements.
The final design could include:
- places where the road narrows
- road designs that restrict the passage of certain vehicles
- road art
- planter boxes
- changes to the road layout.
When you can have your say
You can have your say from 7 December 2020 to 5pm, 30 July 2021.