Skip to main content
COVID-19 Orange setting

For information about our services and facilities restrictions during the protection framework settings, see the COVID-19 section

For up-to-date information on COVID-19, visit

Candidates for the local elections 2022 have been announced.
More See a full list of confirmed candidates. Learn moreCandidates for the local elections 2022 have been announced.

1. What you need to apply for building and planning certificates for an alcohol licence

If you have questions, contact your local building or planning helpdesk on 09 301 0101.

To support your building and planning certificate application, supply two copies of:

  • drawings:
    • produced to scale on white A3 paper - minimum font size of 10 or if CAD 2.5
    • produced in black ink only (no coloured or freehand drawings)
  • documents including:
    • an up-to-date Record of Title for property (less than three months old)
    • a copy of the most recent resource consent or any previous alcohol planning certificates for the premises, if relevant
  • site plan showing:
    • the location of the building or tenancy licensed area in relation to the whole site or building on-site parking spaces including accessible car parks
    • full floor plan.