Skip to main content

2. Apply and pay to register a stock sales yard

You should know

As the owner of the business it is your responsibility to get all other necessary consents, permits and licences.

This includes those under:

  • the Building Act 2004
  • Resource Management Act 1991
  • any other relevant Auckland Council bylaws.

A certificate of registration does not mean you have building or resource consent approval.

If you need a building consent, it is your responsibility to make sure you have a Code Compliance Certificate or a Certificate of Public Use before you start trading.

​Application fee

Read fee table.
Sale yard registration



​How to apply for a stock sales yard registration


See Ways to pay online for information on all payment options.

Apply now 

 In person

​Bring your completed application form to one of our libraries with council services.

You can pay by:

  • Eftpos
  • MasterCard or Visa.

 By post

​Send your completed application form and supporting documents to:

Auckland Council

  Private Bag 92300

  Victoria Street West

  Auckland 1142

​Registration applications are processed within 10 working days if we have all the relevant information and received payment.  We will contact you if we need more information. 

​What happens next

For a new premises we will contact you to arrange an opening inspection.

If satisfied, we will issue the certificate of registration.

Once you receive your registration certificate, display it publicly in your premises.

We will inspect your business site annually to make sure you are meeting the requirements.