Tā mātou whakamātāmua i ngā tono whīra hākinakina
How we prioritise sports field applications
How we allocate priority
We have a priority application and allocation system. This helps us decide which applications to process first, or who should have first use of our sports fields.
There are two seasons per year: summer and winter.
We do not usually accept applications outside the upcoming season.
Priority one: Projects, renovations and events
- Upgrading, renovating, repairing, and setting up our sports fields
- International events and tournaments
- National events and tournaments
- Regional events and tournaments of significance to Auckland, e.g. Christmas in the Park, local board funded events, Music and Movies in Parks, etc.
Priority two: Seasonal competition and training
- Regional Sporting Organisations and affiliated clubs for seasonal competition tournaments and finals
- Community sports clubs
- Seasonal training and competition games
- Development, sports academies and elite programmes for players
- Pre-season games (where possible).
Priority three: Community tournaments, schools, and churches
- School and church competition games
- Community, school, and church events and tournaments.
Priority four: Casual users
Casual bookings open after we have allocated and resolved all seasonal bookings.
- Casual community booking
- International tournaments training
- Corporate, commercial and private users.
|Sports field closures||https://www.aucklandcouncil.govt.nz/parks-recreation/sports/Pages/sports-field-closures.aspx||Sports field closures||Check if a field is open or closed due to bad weather or maintenance.||aspx|
|How to book our sport facilities||https://www.aucklandcouncil.govt.nz/parks-recreation/sports/Pages/booking-sport-facilities.aspx||How to book our sport facilities||You can book our sport facilities for a season or on a casual basis.||aspx||Parks|
|Find a park or beach||https://www.aucklandcouncil.govt.nz/parks-recreation/Pages/find-park-beach.aspx||Find a park or beach||Find a park or beach to enjoy a BBQ, play sports, or take the kids to a playground.||aspx||Parks|