Tāwharanui Regional Park - Tāwharanui campground.
1181 Takatu Road
Help protect our kauri trees
We have closed large sections of our parks network to prevent the spread of kauri dieback.
When you visit our parks you need to clean your footwear and equipment to avoid transferring disease from one area to another. For more information see Protect our kauri trees.
Check availability and select dates
Press enter to open date picker. Then tab to go through the date picker and enter to select the date, or type date in DD/MM/YYYY format
Cancellation and changes made to your booking may incur additional fees. See our terms and conditions before you book.
You need to know
You can help our marine life
The coast adjacent to Tāwharanui Regional Park is a no-take marine reserve.
- No fishing of any kind.
- Don't take or kill marine life.
- Don't remove or disturb any marine life or materials.
- Don't feed fish - it disturbs their natural behaviour.
- Take care when anchoring to avoid damaging the sea floor.
- Call 0800 DOC HOT (0800 362 468) to report any illegal activity.
Keeping our open sanctuaries pest free
The park is a haven for native birds and plants. You must make sure everyone with you understands and complies with the following:
- All vehicles and equipment must be checked before entering the park to ensure it is free of pests, vermin and hazardous material.
- Dogs and all other animals and pets are prohibited at all times.
- You must alert the park ranger if you see any animal pests.
- Keep away from and do not touch any traps or bait stations.
- Remove all rubbish, food, bait, e.t.c. as these attract animal pests.
- Ensure predator fence gates used are always closed behind you.
- Predator fences must not be climbed by anyone.
Bookings can only be made six months in advance for campgrounds and baches, and 12 months in advance for lodges. Availability refreshes at midnight daily.
Booking with an underage group
Baches, lodges and bookable picnic sites cannot be booked by people under 18 years of age. You can only use these sites with appropriate supervision.
Camping sites can be booked by groups of people under 18 years of age, but you need parental consent. Read the rules about getting a camping pass for unsupervised groups under the age of 18.
How you can dispose of your waste
All our regional parks are rubbish free. Take all rubbish and recycling with you when you leave.
Other ways to book
You can phone us for assistance on 09 366 2000, option 1.
Your booking can be completed online or in person at one of our service centres. As payment of your booking is not available over the phone.
Visit any of our service centres.
You will need to check the opening hours of your service centre.
You can pay by cash, cheque, EFTPOS or credit card.
If paying by credit card, there is a convenience fee of 1.75 per cent of the amount. The fee is not included in your booking and is non-refundable.
Send a cheque with your contact and booking details to:
Auckland Regional Parks
Private Bag 92300
We cannot guarantee your booking will be available as we process your booking when we receive your cheque. We will contact you to confirm your booking.
About Tawharanui campground
Is a campground on the northern coast behind the sand dunes between Phoenix Reef and Comet rock.
Learn more about
Tawharanui Regional Park
before your visit.
Capacity and times
$15.00 (GST inclusive)
$6.00 (GST inclusive)
Map of Tawharanui Regional Park