When is my rubbish and recycling collected?
Find your rubbish and recycling collection dates quickly using the search below.
Rubbish and recycling calendars are also available.
Late or missed collections
Collections are between 7am and 7pm. If your collection does not occur by 4.30pm please contact us, and we will endeavour to collect it by close of play on the following day.
Note: Bins should be left at the kerbside. Bags are best to be taken in and put out the next morning by 7am.
Public holiday collections
Christmas and New Year services 2013/2014
Remember to put out your rubbish and recycling one day later from:
- Wednesday 25 December (normal schedule resumes Monday 30 December)
- Wednesday 1 January (normal schedule resumes Monday 6 January).
This means for these two weeks, Monday and Tuesday collections will be unaffected, while Wednesday, Thursday and Friday collections will be one day later.
There are no refuse collections on public holidays.
During public holiday periods, all council rubbish and recycling collections will be one day later than usual.
If you use a private rubbish collection service, please contact your provider to confirm their holiday schedules.
Please note, the collections below remain on their scheduled day, even if they follow or fall on a public holiday.
- Parnell and Newmarket: no changes to Thursday night rubbish collections for red lidded wheelie bins.
- Inner-CBD: no changes to kerbside collections for rubbish bags, recycling bags and paper/cardboard.
- Parakai, Shelly Beach and Woodhill: Remondis household rubbish collections.
- North Shore and Waitakere: no changes to business' evening kerbside rubbish bag, recycling and paper/cardboard collections.
Enter your street address