Late or missed collections
Ngā kohikohinga tūreiti, i mahue rānei
Rubbish and recycling collections take place between 7am and 7pm.
Know your collection dates
Make sure you know your collection dates. See Rubbish and recycling collection days.
If we missed collection for your whole street
Call us on 09 301 0101 after:
- 4.30pm if you have a daytime collection
- 6am the following day if you have an evening collection.
If only your rubbish or recycling was not collected
We do not pick up rubbish or recycling if it:
- has been put out at the wrong time or the wrong place
- has been over-filled or is too heavy
- the incorrect bin or bag was used in the collection area
- contains items that aren't accepted - see What you can put in your rubbish and What you can put in your recycling
- was half-emptied. It is your responsibility to ensure that the rubbish/recycling is not packed tightly into the bin.
There may be a sticker on your bin explaining why we haven't collected your rubbish or recycling. Repeated misuse of collections is considered illegal dumping.
If you have complied with the collection guidelines and your rubbish or recycling was still missed, call us on 09 301 0101.