Late or missed collections
Ngā kohikohinga tūreiti, i mahue rānei
Rubbish and recycling collections take place between 7am and 7pm.
You should know
- Food scraps bins are currently only available in urban Papakura. We aim to distribute them across Auckland by 2021.
- Roadside recycling is coming soon to Great Barrier Island. Residential households who pay rates will receive two recycling crates on Wednesday 26 September 2018. Collections start on Monday 1 October. Find more information on the Make The Most of Waste website.
Know your collection dates
Make sure you know your collection dates.
See Rubbish and recycling collection days.
If we missed collection for your whole street
Call us on 09 301 0101 after:
- 4.30pm if you have a daytime collection
- 6am the following day if you have an evening collection.
If only your rubbish, recycling or food scraps bin was not collected
We do not pick up rubbish, recycling or food scraps bins if:
- they have been put out at the wrong time or the wrong place
- they have been over-filled or are too heavy
- the incorrect bin or bag was used in the collection area
- they contain items that aren't accepted - see:
There may be a sticker on your bin explaining why we haven't collected your rubbish, recycling or food scraps bin.
Repeated misuse of collections is considered illegal dumping.
If you have complied with the collection guidelines and your rubbish or recycling was still missed, call us on 09 301 0101.
If you missed your inorganic collection
Find out what to do if you missed the inorganic collections in your area.