Late or missed collections
Ngā kohikohinga tūreiti, i mahue rānei
Rubbish and recycling collections take place between 7am and 7pm.
Know your collection dates
Make sure you know your collection dates.
Rubbish and recycling collection days.
If we missed collection for your whole street
Call us on 09 301 0101 after:
- 4.30pm if you have a daytime collection
- 6am the following day if you have an evening collection.
If only your rubbish, recycling or food scraps bin was not collected
We do not pick up rubbish, recycling or food scraps bins if:
- they have been put out at the wrong time or the wrong place
- they have been over-filled or are too heavy
- the incorrect bin or bag was used in the collection area
- they contain items that aren't accepted - see:
There may be a sticker on your bin explaining why we haven't collected your rubbish, recycling or food scraps bin.
Repeated misuse of collections is considered illegal dumping.
If you have complied with the collection guidelines and your rubbish or recycling was still missed, call us on 09 301 0101.
You should know
Food scraps bins are currently only available in urban Papakura and selected streets in Takapuna, Northcote and Milford. We will start distributing them across Auckland in late 2021.