Ngā hīkoi tuku ihotanga ki Whakakaiwhara
Duder Regional Park heritage walks
What to see and do in Duder Regional Park
See Duder Regional Park on Google Maps
- Follow the Farm Loop Walk to Whakakaiwhara Pā and see the earthwork remains of this fortified Māori settlement (2.5 hours return).
- Follow the coastal walk to one of the many beaches. Take your togs, a picnic or your fishing rod, as visitors have done for over 100 years.
- Visit the pockets of original native forest and see the trees and plants Māori used for eating, weaving, dyeing and building.
- Watch the birdlife and hunt for shells at Duck Bay (Waipokaia).
- Join an Auckland Council volunteer day to help out with planting and conservation work.
- Follow the orienteering course, go horse-riding (with a permit) or mountain-biking.
Find out more about what you can do, as well as what accommodation options there are at Duder Regional Park.
Download the brochure