Te wawaetanga takiwā tūnga whare kotahi
Subdividing in a single house zone
Single house zone
The purpose of the single house zone is to maintain and enhance the amenity values of established residential neighbourhoods.
(Amenity values are the qualities of an area that make people enjoy living there or visiting it.)
Amenity values might be created by things like historical character, special trees, coastal setting or "neighbourhood character".
Single house zone subdivision guidelines
- If you want to create a new lot, under the Auckland Unitary Plan, each site in this zone needs to be a minimum of 600 square metres.
- Only one house is anticipated on each site.
- Minor dwellings (which are secondary to a main dwelling on the site, such as a sleepout or cabin) are provided for. If you want to separate the minor dwelling from the main house so it sits on its own site, you will need to meet the required 600 square metres site area, for both the main dwelling and minor dwelling.
- Check site-specific constraints related to zoning.
- Check site-specific constraints (e.g. natural hazards).
|Check if you can subdivide your property||https://www.aucklandcouncil.govt.nz/building-and-consents/resource-consents/types-resource-consents/subdivision-of-property/check-subdivide-property||Check if you can subdivide your property||Where to start and things to consider if you are thinking about subdividing your property.||aspx||Subdivision resource consent|
|Subdividing in a mixed housing suburban zone||https://www.aucklandcouncil.govt.nz/building-and-consents/resource-consents/types-resource-consents/subdivision-of-property/check-subdivide-property/Pages/subdividing-mixed-housing-suburban-zone.aspx||Subdividing in a mixed housing suburban zone||Find out what a mixed housing suburban zone is and what to consider if you are thinking of subdividing.||aspx||Subdivision resource consent|
|Subdividing in a mixed housing urban zone||https://www.aucklandcouncil.govt.nz/building-and-consents/resource-consents/types-resource-consents/subdivision-of-property/check-subdivide-property/Pages/subdividing-mixed-housing-urban-zone.aspx||Subdividing in a mixed housing urban zone||Find out what a mixed housing urban zone is and what to consider if you are thinking of subdividing.||aspx||Subdivision resource consent|
|Subdividing in a terrace housing and apartment buildings zone||https://www.aucklandcouncil.govt.nz/building-and-consents/resource-consents/types-resource-consents/subdivision-of-property/check-subdivide-property/Pages/subdividing-terrace-housing-apartment-buildings-zone.aspx||Subdividing in a terrace housing and apartment buildings zone||Find out what a terrace housing and apartment buildings zone is and what to consider if you are thinking of subdividing.||aspx||Subdivision resource consent|