About the Regional Environment and Natural Heritage Grant Programme
Te Hōtaka tukunga pūtea ā-takiwā mō te taiao me ngā taonga tuku iho o te ao tūturu
Eligibility for a Regional Environment and Natural Heritage Grant
The programme is open to:
- mana whenua organisations
- community groups
- other organisations.
Examples of who may be eligible for funding:
- private owners of significant ecological areas
- organisations, businesses and individuals contributing to the protection, restoration and enhancement of:
- significant ecological areas on public land
- natural resources including regionally significant waterways and catchments
- mana whenua and iwi providing kaitiakitanga/management for sites of cultural and spiritual significance to Māori
- community organisations and educational institutions that are:
- providing public education and advocacy across Auckland in relation to the environment, natural heritage and/or sustainability
- contributing to increased community access to, and appreciation of regionally significant natural heritage places.
How grants are allocated
Grants awarded through the regional programme will include a mix of 'one-off' and multi-year project grants for standalone initiatives.
What happens after you apply
We will contact you by email to let you know the result of your application.