What your Great Barrier Capital Grant application needs to provide
Your application must provide evidence that:
- the funded facility is available for use by the community
- it aligns with the outcomes of the Aotea Great Barrier Local Board Plan and grant programme
- you hold insurance for the capital asset
- there is relevant building or resource consent prior to applying for a grant
- paid project management assistance is included (if required)
- you will contribute a percentage of the project cost in cash, labour or materials, with the percentage you contribute increasing as the cost of the project increases:
- up to $5000 = 5 percent
- $5001 - $10,000 = 7.5 percent
- over $10,001 = 10 percent.
The Great Barrier Local Board also expects:
- a copy of the community group or organisation's most recent annual financial statement, and
- a resolution (a letter or minutes from the community group's committee meeting) supporting the application to be included in your submission.