Ngā Whakaritenga mō ngā tukunga pūtea ā-takiwā mō te taiao me ngā taonga tuku iho o te ao tūturu
Criteria for Regional Environment and Natural Heritage Grant funding
Examples of projects which meet criteria for regional funding
- is innovative, and reflects best practice methodology in particular behaviour change principals
- will motivate and empower Aucklanders to adopt more environmentally sustainable lifestyles
- has proposed delivery mechanisms that reflect maximum "reach" for the funds to be invested.
The project contributes to:
- effective management and protection of threatened species and their habitat, or threatened ecosystems
- protection of regionally significant sites of indigenous biodiversity or geological forms.
Significant Ecological Areas
Management of plant and animal pests in the Auckland region, as listed in the Regional Pest Management Strategy.
Protection, improvement and the restoration of waterways, through community collaboration or significant stock exclusion.
The project empowers mana whenua in their role as kaitiaki for Auckland's natural environment.