This consultation closed on 26 January 2018.
We received comments from 181 individuals and organisations about the Te Ārai Regional Parkland Management Plan.
The main themes were:
- maintaining the remote, wild and untouched nature of the parkland, with natural ecology coming before recreation or activities
- recognising the cultural significance of the site
- retaining the current access points and managing traffic better over the summer
- supporting restricted vehicle access to the beach
- generally supporting the range of activities listed in the consultation.
We are currently developing the draft plan and hope to give you another chance to have your say in March / April 2019.
If you provided feedback on this initial consultation, we will contact you at this time.