This consultation closed on 26 January 2018.
We received comments from 181 individuals and organisations about the Te Ārai Regional Parkland Management Plan.
The main themes were:
- maintaining the remote, wild and untouched nature of the parkland, with natural ecology coming before recreation or activities
- recognising the cultural significance of the site
- retaining the current access points and managing traffic better over the summer
- supporting restricted vehicle access to the beach
- generally supporting the range of activities listed in the consultation.
We are currently developing the draft plan and hope to give you another chance to have your say in August 2018.
If you provided feedback on this initial consultation, we will contact you at this time.