A low-hanging pohutukawa branch is currently blocking a popular boardwalk at Waiake Beach.
We have closed the boardwalk due to safety concerns.
This is not the only issue that affects the stretch of coastline at Waiake Beach.
Other considerations include:
- erosion on the creek banks
- structural issues with the walkway
- the fact that the tree is resting on top of a heritage boatshed.
What we want your feedback on
We want your feedback on:
- how we could reinstate access to the boardwalk
- fix the structural issues with the walkway
- deal with erosion on the creek banks
- refurbish the heritage boatshed.
The local board wants to get the best value for money as well as hearing the views of the entire community.
When you can have your say
You can have your say from 9 to 27 November 2020.
Have your say now