Skip to main content

COVID-19 information - To learn about Auckland Council’s response to COVID-19 visit OurAuckland

Water restrictions in Auckland More Water restrictions are in effect across the Auckland region. Learn moreWater restrictions in Auckland

1. Check if you need an outdoor dining licence

​You will need an outdoor dining licence if you plan to have furniture or customers eating or drinking on the footpath or public space outside your cafe or restaurant.

See What is a public place?