Ngā tikanga whakahaere UAV
Code of conduct for use of drones and UAVs
If you breach the code, we can terminate your permission to fly UAVs on public land.
What you must do
- Be courteous of other park users, beachgoers and people walking dogs.
- Keep your UAV in full view at all times (e.g. not operated through binoculars, video monitor or smartphone, unless an observer is present).
- Fly in daylight hours only.
- Cease operation if requested by council staff.
What you must not do
- Fly a drone over a sports field if it is in use.
- Operate over parked vehicles or park roads.
- Operate within of 20 metres of or be flown over other users of the park.
- Fly over or within 50 metres of livestock on parks, sensitive wildlife habitats such as wetlands, or nesting or roosting birds.
- Operate within 20 metres of or fly over park buildings and overhead wires.
- Operate over dry flammable vegetation.
- Fly over adjoining private properties.
Other rules and regulations for use of drones and UAVs
Users of UAVs need to follow the Civil Aviation Authority rules on the use of UAVs.
According to the
Public Safety and Nuisance Bylaw 2013, flyers must not use their UAV "recklessly or in a manner which may intimidate, be dangerous, be injurious to or cause a nuisance to any person".
|Check if you need a permit to use a UAV for filming purposes||https://www.aucklandcouncil.govt.nz/parks-recreation/get-outdoors/drones-unmanned-aerial-vehicles/Pages/check-need-permit-to-use-uav-for-filming-purposes.aspx||Check if you need a permit to use a UAV for filming purposes||Find out when you need to get a permit to film with a UAV.||aspx|
|Drones and UAVs you can fly in public or private property||https://www.aucklandcouncil.govt.nz/parks-recreation/get-outdoors/drones-unmanned-aerial-vehicles/Pages/drones-uavs-you-can-fly-public-private-property.aspx||Drones and UAVs you can fly in public or private property||Find out what drones you can operate in public and private areas.||aspx|
|Make a complaint about UAVs and UAV operators||https://www.aucklandcouncil.govt.nz/parks-recreation/get-outdoors/drones-unmanned-aerial-vehicles/Pages/make-complaint-about-uavs-uav-operators.aspx||Make a complaint about UAVs and UAV operators||Find out what to do if a drone is flying over your property or poses a safety risk. ||aspx|
|Where you can fly your drone or UAV||https://www.aucklandcouncil.govt.nz/parks-recreation/get-outdoors/drones-unmanned-aerial-vehicles/Pages/where-you-can-fly-your-drone-uav.aspx||Where you can fly your drone or UAV||Find out where you can fly your drone, and if you need a permission.||aspx|
|Find a park or beach||https://www.aucklandcouncil.govt.nz/parks-recreation/Pages/find-park-beach.aspx||Find a park or beach||Find a park or beach to enjoy a BBQ, play sports, or take the kids to a playground.||aspx||Parks|
|Find where and when you can walk your dog||https://www.aucklandcouncil.govt.nz/dogs-animals/where-walk-dog||Find where and when you can walk your dog||Find out where you can walk your dog and which dog exercise rules apply to your area.||aspx||Animals
Dog walking area|