Waiheke Backpackers Hostel contact details and prices
421 Seaview Road, Onetangi Waiheke Island
09 372 7003
021 HOSTEL (021 467835)
- Bunk rooms from $33 per night
- Double rooms from $85 per night
- Check in: 2pm-6pm
- Check out: 10.30am
Waiheke Backpackers Hostel facilities and amenities
- 15 single bunk rooms (2 person maximum per room)
- 1 dorm 2-3 bunk room
- 1 double queen bed and single bunk (family) room (assisted mobility)
- 1 double queen bed room (assisted mobility room)
- 1 double queen bed room with en suite
- Free Wi-Fi
- Linen and blankets supplied
- Laundry - coin-operated washing and drying
- Lounge with TV and comfortable furnishings
- Reception area and office
- Separate male and female toilets
- 4 unisex individual shower rooms with basin, mirror and seated changing area
- Kitchen and dining area with fridge and freezers, stove, ovens, microwaves, cookware, utensils and crockery
- Outside deck, BBQ, picnic table and seating areas with amazing sea views
- 2 assisted mobility accessible rooms
- Unisex accessible toilet and shower
Protecting Waiheke Island's environment
Waiheke Island is one of more than 50 islands in the Hauraki Gulf Marine Park. We need your help to protect this treasured island and make it pest-free.
Before your stay at the hostel:
- check your gear and footwear for stowaway pests like rats, mice, plague skinks and argentine ants
- clean your gear and footwear to remove soil and seeds
- seal your food in containers.
For more information, see Visiting the Hauraki Gulf Islands.
Sights and landmarks of Waiheke Island
Waiheke Backpackers Hostel is located above Onetangi Beach with stunning sea views and nearby attractions and activities.
Waiheke Island is known for its many beautiful beaches, such as Cactus Bay and Oneroa Bay.
It is also known for its award-winning wineries.
Wake up to the sound of the seagulls or tui and head down the hill for a walk or run along Onetangi Beach.
Enjoy a meal or some refreshments at one of the local beachside cafés, restaurants or shops.
Enjoy a stroll through the vineyards.
Ask staff for advice on tours, attractions, and activities in the area.
How to get to Waiheke Backpackers Hostel
Take the ferry to Waiheke Island. Ferries leave regularly from 8am to 8pm, but start at 5.35am up until 11.45pm. Check out the Fullers timetable.
On arrival at Waiheke, you can take a taxi, shuttle or bus.