Noho i te Wharenoho Kaipīkau o Waiheke
Stay at Waiheke Backpackers Hostel
A hilltop backpackers hostel with views of the Hauraki Gulf.
COVID-19 Alert Level 2 – Waiheke Backpackers Hostel information
Waiheke Backpackers Hostel is open for bookings with COVID-19 alert level measures and protocols in place.
Waiheke Backpackers Hostel - Main entrance.
Waiheke Backpackers Hostel - Location on Seaview Road.
Waiheke Backpackers Hostel - Main kitchen.
Waiheke Backpackers Hostel - Double room with ensuite.
Waiheke Backpackers Hostel - Dusk from the sun deck.
Contact details and prices
421 Seaview Road, Onetangi, Waiheke Island
09 372 7003
021 HOSTEL (021 467 835)
Reception hours: 8am-8pm
Check in: 2pm-8pm
Check out: 10.30am
Facilities and amenities
- Fifteen single bunk rooms (two-person maximum per room).
- One dorm with two bunks (four-person maximum).
- One room with queen bed and bunk bed (assisted mobility room).
- One room with queen bed (assisted mobility room).
- One room with queen bed and en-suite bathroom.
- Free Wi-Fi.
- Linen and blankets supplied.
- Laundry: coin-operated washing and drying.
- Lounge with TV and comfortable furnishings.
- Reception area and office.
- Separate male and female toilets.
- Four unisex individual shower rooms with basin, mirror and seated changing area.
- Kitchen and dining area with fridge and freezers, stove, ovens, microwaves, cookware, utensils and crockery.
- Outside deck, BBQ, picnic table and seating areas with amazing sea views.
- Two assisted mobility accessible rooms.
- Unisex accessible toilet and shower.
You should know
Protecting Waiheke Island's environment
Waiheke Island is one of more than 50 islands in the Hauraki Gulf Marine Park. We need your help to protect this treasured island and make it pest-free.
Before your stay at the hostel:
- check your gear and footwear for stowaway pests like rats, mice, plague skinks and Argentine ants
- clean your gear and footwear to remove soil and seeds. This will help prevent the spread of weeds and plant diseases such as
- seal your kai in containers.
For more information, see
Visiting the Hauraki Gulf Islands.
Sights and landmarks of Waiheke Island
Waiheke Backpackers Hostel is located above Onetangi Beach with stunning sea views and nearby attractions and activities.
Waiheke Island is known for its many beautiful beaches - such as Cactus Bay and Oneroa Bay. It is also known for its award-winning wineries.
Wake up to the sound of the seagulls or tūī and head down the hill for a walk or run along Onetangi Beach.
Enjoy a meal or some refreshments at one of the local beachside cafés, restaurants or shops. Enjoy a stroll through the vineyards.
Ask staff for advice on tours, attractions, and activities in the area.
How to get to Waiheke Backpackers Hostel
Take the ferry to Waiheke Island. Ferries run from 5.35am to 11.45pm, with regular services from 8am to 8pm.
Check out the Auckland Transport timetable for more information.
When you arrive at Waiheke, you can take a taxi, shuttle or bus.
Is the information on this page helpful?
To ask for help or report a problem with our services or facilities, contact us.