Progress on delivering the Karangahape Road Plan
Since the Karangahape Road was adopted in 2014:
- funding has been committed to upgrade and maintain the Symonds St Cemetery while work on the Symonds Street Cemetery Development Plan continues.
- Myers Park playground was developed and connections to the park continue to be improved.
- The stairs to Queen Street and Mayoral Drive are now in the renewals budget for 2019-2020.
- Renovation of the caretakers cottage is planned and partly funded.
- Te Ara i Whiti/the Lightpath opened in December 2015. It is a shared path operating along the disused Nelson Street motorway offramp.
Work has started on the Karangahape Road enhancements project, which aims to preserve the road's unique character while creating a street environment that supports the local community and meets the needs of a growing population.
With the imminent construction of the City Rail Link Project many of the actions of the Karangahape Road Plan will be started.
email@example.com, or call us for more information.