Action area EN5. Develop, deliver and support local and regional decentralised, renewable energy solutions
- Use Auckland Council’s and council-controlled organisations' (CCO) property to test, trial and showcase innovative energy generation and support market growth through public procurement.
- Remove barriers in council processes and support businesses and community groups with the uptake of
renewable energy solutions.
- Support community-led initiatives to implement sustainable energy solutions.
- Provide an online community power hub to enable access to required skills and expertise.
- Develop energy sector partnerships to deliver regional energy efficiency opportunities at scale.
- Assess and remove barriers in Auckland Council procedures to the uptake of decentralised renewable energy solutions.
Solar energy generation, Auckland Museum