How to use this website
We want to make sure that our site is widely accessible, so if you have any problems or difficulties using this site please let us know.
Access keys: Keyboard navigation
This website can be used without a mouse. There are shortcut keys that will take you to commonly used pages such as the home page and the contact us page.
In some browsers you may have to press enter to confirm your choice.
To use these shortcut keys:
- PC - Hold down the Alt key and one of the keys in the list below and then press Enter.
- Apple Macintosh - Hold down the Control key and then one of the keys in the list below and press Enter.
- Opera 7 browser press Shift + Esc, release those keys, and then press your chosen access key.
- Firefox browser press Shift + Alt, release those keys, and then press your chosen access key.
A detailed list of access keys and their descriptions is given below.
- [ - Skip to content
- 0 - Help
- 1 - Home page
- 2 - Site map
- 3 - A-Z Services
- 9 - Contact us
- c - Jobs
- d - About council
- e - Rates, building and property
- f - Licences and regulations
- g - Plans, policies and projects
- h - Parks and facilities
- i - Environment and waste
- j - News, events and culture
- / - newzealand.govt.nz
Some documents on this site are Portable Document Format (PDF) files. In this format you can easily save, view and print the file exactly as it was created, with the same layout, images etc.
To do this you need software called Adobe Acrobat Reader. This is free and simple to download from the Adobe website.
Acrobat Reader program also has a help function. Click on Help from the menu bar at the top of the screen and then select Reader Guide from the drop down menu.
Viewing large files
The size of a file is given in kilobytes or megabytes beside each link like this:
Name of file (654KB)
Large PDF files over 500KB can take some time to download particularly if you are using an older computer and have a slow internet connection.
Saving a PDF file onto your computer and opening it like you would any other file is a little faster. Your web browser or Windows help will have instructions on how to do this.
If you have problems with any particular file and cannot get help from the places mentioned above, please contact us.
You can use the button on the bottom of each page to give us feedback. We use your feedback to:
- measure customer satisfaction over time
- see which areas of the website are most in need of improvement
- help us to prioritise our continuous improvement programme.
If you have a problem which requires an individual response please contact us.
If you require any further assistance with using this website, please contact us.
back to top