Ngā Kaihautū Mahi Tāpoi, Whakahaere Kaupapa me te Whanake Ōhanga mō Tāmaki Makaurau
Auckland Tourism, Events and Economic Development (ATEED)
ATEED was Auckland’s economic growth agency. ATEED's job was to ignite changes that transformed the local economy.
ATEED merged with Regional Facilities Auckland to become Tātaki Auckland Unlimited in December 2020. The merger was the result of a review of council-controlled organisations (CCOs).
What ATEED did
ATEED helped create a future of prosperity and opportunity for Auckland, by:
- leading and supporting initiatives and networks that attract talent and investment
- boosting business and job creation
- fostering innovation and an entrepreneurial culture
- growing our visitor economy by attracting international events and visitors from around the world
- shaping Auckland's identity to stand out globally.
ATEED was part of the Auckland Council family, and partnered within the family and with others – corporates, government agencies, industry clusters and universities – to build a business environment that thrived on new thinking and collaboration.
ATEED helped Auckland businesses grow, innovate and become export ready, playing a part in nurturing a skilled local workforce through a number of initiatives.
With city-to-city relationships increasingly driving global investment, ATEED also promoted Auckland to high-value visitors and created chances for trade growth through these relationships, including the Tripartite Economic Alliance with Guangzhou and Los Angeles.
To find out more, visit AucklandNZ.com.