Skip to main content
COVID-19 Alert Level 1 Most of our services have resumed. Some restrictions remain. Visitors to our buildings should check in using the NZ COVID Tracer app or register manually.
For the current status of council services and closures - Learn moreCOVID-19 Alert Level 1
Water restrictions in Auckland More Water restrictions are in effect across the Auckland region. Learn moreWater restrictions in Auckland

Hihiratia kei ō kaimahi ā-rehe ngā raihana e tika ana

Check that your tradespeople have the relevant licences

It is your responsibility, as the property owner, to check that the people you are using to carry out or supervise your restricted building work (RBW) have the relevant licence.

Our tip

To avoid delays in booking and carrying out inspections, notify us of your Licensed Building Practitioners before they start any RBW on your site.

 Related topics



Owner-builder exemption for restricted building work exemption for restricted building workBefore you apply for an owner-builder exemption, make sure you understand what is required.aspx
Appeal a building consent decision a building consent decisionIf you want to appeal a building consent decision, you can apply for a determination through the Ministry of Business, Innovation and Employment (MBIE).aspx
Apply for a building consent for a building consentFind out how to apply for a building consent and view the relevant fees. aspx
Change Licensed Building Practitioner (LBP) details for your project Licensed Building Practitioner (LBP) details for your projectFind out how to change the details of LBPs doing, or supervising, your restricted building work.aspx