Skip to main content
Flooding and Cyclone Gabrielle

For up to date information and advice visit Auckland Emergency Management

For information on disruptions to our services and facilities please visit Facility closures

Whakaaetanga Hanganga

Building consents

The information in this section relates to how to get a building consent, and related certificates and approvals. You may also need a resource consent to proceed with your building work. There is a link to the resource consent section at the bottom of the page. We recommend seeking independent advice on building consent applications and whether you may also need a resource consent.

You should know

myAUCKLAND files will launch on Wednesday 29 March 2023. Watch our ‘How to’ video and read our myAUCKLAND files help page to learn how to upload your building consent application files. 
Subscribe to our Building Bulletin to be notified when myAUCKLAND files is live.
OUTAGE – The Building Consent application form will be temporarily unavailable from 6pm on Wednesday 29 March 2023 for updates.

 Related topics



Resource consents consentsFind information on types of resource consents, how to apply, subdivisions, fees, earthworks, access ways, water permits, road naming, appeals, conditions, ongoing monitoring and more.aspxBuilding and consents
Resource consent fees and deposits (plus notices of requirement and private plan change requests) consent fees and deposits (plus notices of requirement and private plan change requests)Find out how much it will cost to apply for a resource consent application.aspxResource consents