Skip to main content
COVID-19 Alert Level 3

At Alert Level 3: Step 1 you can travel throughout Auckland for exercise and recreation outdoors. Our early childhood centres are open for enrolled children only.

Customer-facing facilities like leisure centres, community venues, customer service centres and libraries will remain closed until further notice. Essential services will continue.

Wear a face covering, use the NZ COVID Tracer app, maintain a 2m physical distance, wash your hands, and stay home if you are sick.

For the information about council services and closures, visit the COVID-19 section

To learn more about Auckland Council's response to COVID-19, visit OurAuckland


Water restrictions lifted - Water restrictions in Auckland have been removed from 23 October 2021. Learn more

3. Before you apply for an alcohol on-licence

Get building and planning certificates

Before you apply, you need to get alcohol licensing building and planning certificates.

See Apply for alcohol licensing building and planning certificates.

Get food registration

You must ensure food is available whenever your business is open and selling alcohol.

Find out about your responsibilities as a host.

You will need to apply for food registration separately.

Other licences you may need

If required, you will need to apply for an outdoor dining licence separately.