Skip to main content
Auckland Council

Complaints about a food business

We do not handle complaints about the quality of service, or the palatability or presentation of food. These should be raised with the business' management.

Complaints about food poisoning or hospitalisation

If your complaint is about food poisoning or hospitalisation due to contamination, consult the 'making a food complaint' section of the Ministry for Primary Industries website.

Complaints about food safety and hygiene

Contact us if you have concerns or complaints about food business site relating to:

  • cleanliness
  • rubbish dumped outside
  • food display or storage
  • food hygiene practices
  • foreign object found in food
  • smells coming from a food business site
  • food safety issues
  • registration or grading certificate not on display.