How to prevent a noise complaint
Me pēhea te ārai amuamu mahi turituri
You can't get a noise permit for parties or playing your stereo at excessive levels.
- There are some things you can do to reduce noise and show consideration for your neighbours:
- Let your neighbours know in advance about an upcoming party or invite them to the party.
- Tell your neighbours of planned work on your section that may be noisy.
- Minimise noise from your property by keeping doors or windows closed.
- Turn down noise at a reasonable hour at night.
- Use noisy equipment such as chain saws only during the day.
- Make sure your burglar alarm stops ringing after 15 minutes - check your reserve batteries are fully charged.
- Install and maintain your car and burglar alarm correctly so they are not overly sensitive or faulty.
To find out the noise levels permitted in your area, call 09 301 0101 during working hours and ask to speak to a noise specialist.
|How do I know if noise is excessive or unreasonable?||https://www.aucklandcouncil.govt.nz/licences-regulations/noise/Pages/excessive-or-unreasonable-noise.aspx||How do I know if noise is excessive or unreasonable?||Excessive noise is that under human control that affects the comfort of any person. We establish whether noise is unreasonable using a sound level meter.||aspx|
|Ongoing problems with noise||https://www.aucklandcouncil.govt.nz/licences-regulations/noise/Pages/ongoing-problems-with-noise.aspx||Ongoing problems with noise||For recurring noise problems, call 09 301 0101 during working hours and ask to speak to a compliance noise specialist.||aspx|
|Western Springs noise monitoring results||https://www.aucklandcouncil.govt.nz/licences-regulations/noise/Pages/western-springs-monitoring-results.aspx||Western Springs noise monitoring results||We monitor noise generated by speedway meetings and concerts regularly, when events take place. ||aspx|
|Complain about noise||https://www.aucklandcouncil.govt.nz/licences-regulations/noise/Pages/complain-about-noise.aspx||Complain about noise||How to complain about noise and what happens once your complaint has been made.||aspx|
|Construction and maintenance noise||https://www.aucklandcouncil.govt.nz/licences-regulations/noise/Pages/construction-and-maintenance-noise.aspx||Construction and maintenance noise||When and where construction, DIY and handyman noise is allowed.||aspx|