Implementing the Auckland Plan
The area plan shows how we can implement The Auckland Plan at a local level.
The area plan determines key ways to achieve this goal, within:
- transport links
- community facilities
- visitor attractions.
Progress on delivering the Hibiscus and Bays Area Plan
Since the Hibiscus and Bays Area Plan was adopted in 2012 significant progress has been made on:
- tidal traffic flow system in operation morning and evening between Hibiscus Coast Highway and Red Beach Road
- Alice Eaves greenway has been selected to progress design, consents, and physical works
- Northern Busway Extension under construction, and scheduled for completion in 2021
- Penlink funded in RLTP 2024-2028.
We are working on a number of other actions, such as:
- Gulf Harbour services to be enhanced before investigating additional services and facilities at other locations.
- Cycle infrastructure.
Get a copy of the Hibiscus and Bays Area Plan