Mahere ā-Rohe o Māngere-Ōtāhuhu
Māngere-Ōtāhuhu Area Plan
The Māngere-Ōtāhuhu Area Plan provides a framework to support growth and development in the area over the next 30 years.
Community engagement in creation of the plan
We invited stakeholders to give feedback on a draft version of the area plan and received more than 200 written responses.
The local board then approved changes to the plan.
We are currently reviewing parts of this area plan and we want your feedback on this. For more information and to have your say on the proposed changes to the area plan please visit https://akhaveyoursay.aucklandcouncil.govt.nz/area-plans-review-mangere
You can have your say from 14 February until 13 March 2022.
Implementing the Auckland Plan
The Māngere-Ōtāhuhu Area Plan shows how we can implement The Auckland Plan at a local level.
Get a copy of the Māngere-Ōtāhuhu Area Plan
Progress of the Māngere-Ōtāhuhu Area Plan
Since the Māngere-Ōtāhuhu Area Plan was adopted in 2013, we've made significant progress, including:
- completing the Ōtāhuhu railway/bus interchange
- delivering the Ōtāhuhu street upgrades between the railway station and town centre
- completing the Ōtāhuhu Leisure Centre
- completing the Māngere Future Streets Programme
- upgrading Boggust, Norana and Sturges Parks – including greenway paths.
We are still working on a number of other actions, including:
- monitoring the Housing New Zealand redevelopment projects in Māngere
- improving the Māngere-Ōtāhuhu bus shelters
- supporting the Ōtāhuhu Portage Connection
- upgrading local parks
- advocating for the rapid transport network from the airport to the city, and to Botany.