Progress of the Māngere-Ōtāhuhu Area Plan
Since the Māngere-Ōtāhuhu Area Plan was adopted in 2013, we've made significant progress, including:
- completing the Ōtāhuhu railway/bus interchange
- delivering the Ōtāhuhu street upgrades between the railway station and town centre
- completing the Ōtāhuhu Leisure Centre
- completing the Māngere Future Streets Programme
- upgrading Boggust, Norana and Sturges Parks – including greenway paths.
We are still working on a number of other actions, including:
- monitoring the Housing New Zealand redevelopment projects in Māngere
- improving the Māngere-Ōtāhuhu bus shelters
- supporting the Ōtāhuhu Portage Connection
- upgrading local parks
- advocating for the rapid transport network from the airport to the city, and to Botany.