Progress on delivering the Ōtara-Papatoetoe Area Plan
Since the Ōtara-Papatoetoe Area Plan was adopted in 2014 significant progress has been made on:
- projects to upgrade Puhinui train station and introduction of Rapid Transit Network for bus services between Auckland Airport, Puhinui train station, Manukau and Botany
- the transition of Manukau from a city centre to a vibrant metropolitan centre
- projects relating to Old Papatoetoe Town Centre upgrade and completion of a new supermarket building.
Ōtara-Papatoetoe Local Board is working on a number of other actions, such as:
- reviewing the transport-related actions, taking into consideration Auckland Transport's (AT) work programme
- reviewing projects relating to Ōtara Town Centre, as Manukau Institute of Technology (MIT) is relocating its activities in Manukau
- involvement of Panuku in Ōtara projects to be supported with required planning inputs.