The economy actions have been developed in line with
Tōnuitanga is particularly relevant to the economy priority as a resilient, low carbon economy that incorporates circular and regenerative principles will support Māori
whānau and Māori business ecosystems.
Enabling Tōnuitanga will progress the economic shift to a more regenerative, distributive, and thriving economy.
Specific Ngā Mahi a Te Ora / Wellbeing activities that relate to the economy priority
- Establishment of a
mana whenua climate office/think tank.
Intergenerational education programmes.
- Sustainability report (supports the environment, wellbeing of individuals and communities and improved economy).
- Use our dual knowledge systems to determine what it could look like for Tāmaki Makaurau.
- Investment in opportunities for innovation and green technology (e.g. how we think about waste, energy, land use and transport).
- Enabling whānau to prosper, be resilient and strong as we transition away from carbon dependence.
- Education and training programmes for a regenerative economy.
Rangatahi creating innovative pathways for sustainable behaviour change.
- Preparing and educating Māori communities, businesses and landowners for change.