Auckland Council is changing the consenting journey for the better.
The aim is to deliver an easier, faster and more consistent consenting process that is tailored for the scale and complexity of your projects.
Work is underway to develop four service models to better support the different types of projects that you undertake:
- Simple projects that can be processed quickly.
- Large and very complex projects where a project management approach is beneficial.
- High-volume and largely standardised residential new builds, where there is close collaboration with council and an agreed quality assurance plan.
- All other projects, to ensure a seamless service across all consent requirements.
Each of the service models will provide a comprehensive approach to the consent requirements for a project and focus on the following stages:
- Education – a full suite of information and tools that will enable you to identify when a consent is required and get a high-level overview of all the steps in your consenting process.
- Preparation of application – tailored up-front information specific to your project and clear guidance on quality expectations.
- Processing – online lodgement and processing of applications.
- Consent closure – online issue of consent and payment.
- Compliance, feedback and monitoring – this enables you to manage your compliance activities online, including uploading documentation, booking inspections and providing feedback.
Online solutions are being developed that will provide you with a more efficient and easier consenting experience.
The confirmed dates for the new consenting services are being finalised, and you can expect to hear more about the new service offerings from early next year.